Salesforce’s Service Cloud is a powerful tool that you can use to create positive customer interactions. When your customers have questions or need problems solved, all they have to do is open a case. Your team can then work with them to reach an agreeable solution. It may seem simple, but the road to a satisfied customer can often be a bumpy one. Service Cloud can make it easier! Here are a few tips and tricks to increase efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.
Customize Your Service Console
When you first log into the service console, the layout design accommodates a range of preferences. However, it’s only natural that you and your company may have a specific set of layout requirements. Information readiness can often be the key factor between helping a customer immediately and putting them on hold. Because of this, the service console can be customized in many different ways. For instance, you can customize the highlights panel, change the navigation items, and even add custom components. All of this is incredibly easy to do – just visit the “Customize” section after selecting “Setup.”
- From Setup, navigate to Customize|Cases|Page Layout (Or Service Setup|App Manager|Service Console for Lightning)
- Click Edit next to Case Layout
- Select different fields to add to the layout, click Custom Console Components, or play around to find a layout that best suits your needs
Customer service is often optimized by making relevant information readily available. When using the Service Console, it’s possible to design the layout to see all important data about a case the moment you open it up. And while every company may have different preferences, they can all be accommodated through layout customization.
Automate Case Assignment
No customer likes to be routed to a support technician once only to be sent to another and then another before getting their problem solved. With case assignment automation, you can increase efficiency by decreasing rerouting. There are many different tools that you can use to do this:
- Queues – Create queues that specialize in certain topics. Assign cases to these teams to increase the likelihood that any member of that team can help the customer with their case.
- Assignment Rules – Automatically assign incoming cases to individuals or queues based on topics, case descriptions, or other criteria.
- Auto-Response Rules – Make sure your customers know that their voices have been heard by sending personalized responses to case submissions. Choose between various templates for different progress points to save time and keep customers updated.
- Escalation Rules – Automatically assign cases to key individuals if they haven’t been solved by a certain deadline (more below).
With automation, you can save time by avoiding manual steps. Communication, assignment, and even escalation can all be automated with the right design. Ask your Salesforce administrator for help setting up automation!
Stick To Your Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Escalation rules are automatic routing tools that assign unsolved cases to key individuals or queues after a given time period. These can help you maintain your response and resolution times, or Service Level Agreements (SLAs), by automatically escalating unsolved cases to a subject matter expert before the SLA time has been reached. The best part about this is that no extra manual steps are involved.
For example, you are able to have cases assigned to general support staff from the beginning. This individual can either solve the case right away or escalate to a tier-2 support representative. However, if the original technician fails to solve or escalate the case, Service Cloud will do it automatically, ensuring that someone with the skills to find a solution sees to it before time expires on the SLA.
Use Metrics To Your Advantage
As part of the Salesforce suite, Service Cloud allows you to pull valuable metrics about case management. Without knowing any code, you can navigate through the report wizard to find information that can increase your support team’s efficiency and promote customer satisfaction. Some reports that may be useful are:
- Average time for case resolution
- Amount of reroutes a case experiences before being solved
- Customer satisfaction scores by team
- Common problems customers are experiencing
- Customers who need the most support
Want More Tips And Tricks?
This is only the beginning! If you want more tips and tricks to increase customer satisfaction, talk to a representative from Ntegro today. We can walk you through how to set up your Service Console for success and personally customize Service Cloud to your advantage. Contact us online for a free consultation, and we will be happy to help.
Have any other tips and tricks that have worked for you in the past? Share them below!